National Poetry Month begins Saturday and that means I’ve got a busy thirty days ahead. In addition to two critique workshops, I’ll be occupied by various other public events:
- Thursday the 6th, I’ll be reading as part of the Poems from the Heron Clan IV Book Party at Oasis, a lovely little coffee shop in the Carr Mill Mall, Carrboro.
- Friday the 7th, I’ll be writing Poetry on Demand at the Tuxedo Cat Ball, a fund raising event for Safe Haven for Cats. Bow ties are cool.
- Sunday the 9th, after poetry book club, I hope to make the list at the Tongue & Groove Open Mic in Raleigh, one of the best open mics in the Triangle.
- Thursday the 13th, I’ll be hosting a Poetry Prompt Workshop at the Panera Bread in Brier Creek, Raleigh, where the dice will offer up poetry prompts and everybody writes.
- Thursday the 20th, I’ll be appearing at the Science Cafe in the NC Museum of Natural Sciences’ Daily Planet Cafe where my fellow poets and I will write poems during a lecture on Critical Thinking and then present them to the audience.
- and save Thursday the 27th because I’m putting together an open mic for that evening. Details to come!
I’m exhausted already and that’s just a sampling of what’s happening in the Triangle. Check local listings for events in your area.